Elements Europe is dedicated to sustainability, which is why we ensure that wood purchased for our systems is sourced from a sustainable forest.
We do this by adhering to the FSC® C084683. This ensures that the wood we use comes from a forest that has been responsibly managed.
The wood flooring in our modules and Solopod systems has been certified by FSC, allowing us to promote responsible sourcing of wood products, thus supporting the correct management of the world’s forests.
Elements Europe is audited by a third party organisation, accredited by FSC. In house we have a dedicated management representative to ensure that all of the recommendations are executed to keep within our Chain of Custody requirements.
The FSC is an international, non-governmental organisation dedicated to promoting responsible management of the world’s forests. FSC’s vision is one that takes care of every ecosystem, species and indigenous community around the world.
FSC run a global certification system in 50 countries for responsible forest management and Chain of Custody certification. A well-managed forest is one that replants a minimum of one tree for every tree that is felled, therefore ensuring a sustainable future.
Did you know?
- A forest area as large as Belgium is lost every year around the world.
- Whole species of plants and animals become extinct on a daily basis.
- 25% of the world’s mammals, and 11% of the world’s bird species are under threat in unmanaged forests.
- Within managed forests, selected areas of the forest are protected in order to protect rare animals and plants.
- Genetically Modified Organisms cannot be introduced to the ecosystem.
- FSC protect the rights of indigenous people to use the forest.
- Forest owners must be local workers, thus protecting the local communities.